12.11.09

Dirtburg take down the Monarch

Dirtburg rocked

London hip hoppy superstars get it together again.

Morning campers. I've just dropped the kid off at the childminder and eaten a Pot Noodle for breakfast [the curry one] to clear my head. Out of the blue last week I get a Facebook event alert - Dirtburg are back for one night only at the Monarch in Camden. I'm there. I used to catch these guys all over north London back in the early naughties. It's all a bit of a haze but I remember seeing the Dirt rock at the Spitz, some bar in Dalston and over at the filthy 333. My old mate Arjun and his buddy JC introduced me to the Dirt. You had to be there. Was great to catch up with Arjun, Nadine, Shazzer, Ian, the quiet one, Matt and the Pip lookalike last night. Just like old times. Dirtburg rocked.

Below are a few YouTube video memories. If you like this then download Dirtburg's never released EP on MySpace. Go get it I say.

Why the head f@@@? Turns out the drummer in the band [his name is Nick] is now doing a day job at Wunderman. I like Wunderman. I'm following @WundermanUK on Twitter. It turns out the gig was bank-rolled by them. Weirder still. Someone called Shannon from Wunderman is presenting "What’s going on? Social Media" at the MeetUp I'm off to on the 14th December. What's going on indeed. Small world int-it-er-web.





No comments:

Post a Comment

DICKS ART COMPETITION ---> HAVE SOME FUN